There are a number of places where you can talk with other users of Crystal Space and companions, ask questions, or talk about your project.
Note that registration is required (due to spam problems).
There are a number of mailing lists about Crystal Space and companions:
- crystal-main (Subscribe, archive at Gmane, archive at SourceForge) is the general discussion mailing list for users Crystal Space.
- cel-main (Subscribe, archive at SourceForge) is the general discussion mailing list for CEL.
If you want to track the development of Crystal Space:
- crystal-cvs (Subscribe, archive at Gmane, ) receives notifications every time a commit is made to the Crystal Space source repository. Be aware that this are a lot of messages occasionally, but you can keep track of the development very closely.
- crystal-tracker (Subscribe, archive at Gmane) receives notifications when a change is made to the Crystal Space issue tracker. This allows to keep track of new bugs and the work on existing ones.
If you are only interested in "important" announcements:
- crystal-announce (Subscribe, archive at Gmane, archive at SourceForge) is used for significant announcements (e.g. new releases).
You can also find a few more (though less generally interesting) mailing lists the Crystal Space SourceForge page.
If you have a quick question or just want to chat about your project then you can visit the #CrystalSpace IRC channel at FreeNode.net. If you have a more art related question then you can visit #CrystalSpace-arts on the same IRC network.
We have a number of blogs that you can read as well.
Projects using CS
Crystal Space is used as an engine by a number of other projects. You can find the list on the Projects Using CS page.
Ohloh.net has a page with statistics for Crystal Space. What you can look at are lines of code, programming language distribution, author commit stats, and some more. Perhaps most interesting is to compare with other projects. Crystal Entity Layer also has a page there.
On this page you can also find various statistics on Crystal Space. These statistics are gathered directly from our SVN repository.
DevMaster.net has a database of graphics engines. Of course, Crystal Space is present there as well (in the category Open Source engines). You can also write reviews for engines and vote for your favorite one (i.e. Crystal Space).
There is a FreshMeat page for Crystal Space.