The Google Summer of Code 2008 students for Crystal Space have been selected. Since we have five mentors we decided for five slots and thanks to Google we also got those slots.
The following students were accepted:
- Greg Hoffman with improvements to lighter2.
- Pavel Krajcevski with Real-Time Rendering of Water Meshes.
- Daniel Duarte Mendes with NavMesh generation and editing tools, Pathfinder& Steering improvements.
- Julian Mautner with Realtime cloud simulation and rendering system.
- Michael Gist with Cross thread communication and multi-threaded loading.
Congratulations to those students. We hope their contributions will be a success and perhaps they can even remain long-time Crystal Space contributors in the future.
Of course, selecting those five students means a lot of other students didn't get selected. It is always unfortunate to have to decline very good proposals but that's the nature of the game. We do hope that some of you still decide to work with and for Crystal Space. If you do so then you are warmly invited to work as a volunteer.